Career Opportunity – Senior Project Planner/Scheduler
Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited headquartered in Sydney, Australia is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25 year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
We are seeking an experienced, site-based Senior Project Planner/Scheduler to join our growing team. Reporting to the Project Director, the Senior Project Planner/Scheduler will play a key role in the overall success of the organization by continuing to monitor the current Master Project Schedule. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for monitoring the engineering, procurement and construction schedules and liaising with the EPC contractor(s) to ensure that the approved schedule is maintained and that any deviation from the approved plan is channeled through the appropriate change management processes.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that EPC contractors and owner stakeholders provide the agreed Progress Reporting deliverables
- Provide consolidated progress reports to the Accounting/Project Controls Manager
- Provide planning support to the Contracts & Procurement Manager
- Participate in Contractor/Supplier/Vendor evaluations
- Ensure that the planning and scheduling functions are executed in accordance with the approved Riversdale Project Systems and Procedures
- Participate in the risk management process with emphasis on planning and scheduling of the project works and implementation of any mitigations deemed necessary
- Participate in all Contractor and Owner weekly progress meetings
- Check and validate the accuracy and quality of Contractor Schedules
- Maintain the Primavera WBS structure
- Utilise the P6 advanced techniques for custom layouts using filters and levels
- Create, assign and maintain resource codes and rates
- Export and Import cost data with Riversdale SAP system
- Check that contractor resource levels are adequate to maintain the required rates of progress and report where undesirable trends become evident
- Check and confirm the accuracy of contractor Progress Reports
- Update the Master Schedule to meet Riversdale reporting requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports summarizing the Project Status
- 10+ years planning and scheduling experience ideally in a construction/mining environment
- Degree qualified
- Expert skills in Primavera P6
- Experience with Deltek Acumen Fuse
- Familiar with Microsoft Project
- Previous engineering, procurement and construction work package management and integration experience
- Experience in Earned Value analysis
- PMP or other Project Management designation
- Capable of evaluating and solving complex problems
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
This is a full-time term position, expected to run a minimum of three years, dependent on construction progress. Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.