Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Contracts and Procurement Manager directs and oversees the procurement function for the company and is responsible for sourcing equipment and goods and services, in-bound logistics and materials/equipment storage and preservation, managing vendors, forming contracts and ensuring compliance with contractual responsibilities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Contracts, Procurement and Inventory Management teams.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Project Management team and other Functional areas.
- Responsible for managing the tender process of RFQs and RFPs according to established company policies and procedures to ensure optimal results.
- Assist in drafting Scopes of Work, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of service contracts.
- Oversee and manage the bid evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and award of contracts.
- Administer contracts, required addendums, and amendments for contractual agreements according to organizational needs, changing markets and legislative codes and standards.
- Manage the relationship with suppliers, keeping track of performance issues, negotiated discounts, and annual performance assessments to ensure compliance.
- Conduct supplier and product/service research according to business objectives and standards to ensure value-add for the company.
- Perform cost analysis to identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost and maximize revenues.
- Generate comprehensive reports that provide savings results and status on various KPI’s and assigned projects.
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or Commerce
- Five to ten years in a procurement role working on major construction or mining projects
- Knowledge of Canadian construction industry and/or mining
- Knowledge and experience with SAP procurement, materials management modules
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Relationship-builder with excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to make sound decisions and formalize written recommendations
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills and problem solving
- Strong leadership, management, communication and coaching skills
- Commercial acumen
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.