Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited headquartered in Sydney, Australia, is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25 year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Document Controller is responsible for developing and implementing corporate and project-specific document control systems, maintaining records, and overseeing document control for regulatory and legal compliance. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced environment both independently and in teams. The Document Controller should be detail-oriented and comfortable communicating all issues clearly. Experience with SharePoint or similar software tools is required. Preference will be given to those with experience in the EPC and project construction industries.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise a structured filing system for corporate documents
- Devise a structured, WBS-based filing system for project documents
- Collect, scan and upload documents following set procedures
- Ensure all technical documents such as reports, drawings and blueprints are collected and registered in the document control system
- Scrutinize and input document data into the document control system, ensuring that the information entered is always accurate and up to date
- Prepare and check the accuracy of document transmittal sheets generated by the system
- Use the selected document management system for everyday operations, maintenance and quality control
- Notify personnel of updated document versions and how to access them
- Provide support to the Contracts & Procurement Manager for compilation of drawings and manuals required for tender purposes
- Provide support to the Contracts & Procurement Manager for tender preparation
- Validate that contractor files are up to date
- Perform any specific system-related projects or tasks as may be directed by the Project Controls Manager from time to time
- Perform departmental audits on technical documents
- Expedite the review of vendor documentation with Engineering
- Liaise with vendors regarding timely receipt and delivery of documents
- Extract the various document control reports defined in the project instructions
- Provide routine reporting to the Project at prescribed intervals
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in document or records management
- Knowledge of document management and document capture/image capture systems
- Experience working with many file types
- Complete understanding of construction documents
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
This is a full-time term position, expected to run a minimum of three years, dependent on construction progress. Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.