Career Opportunity – Contracts Administrator
Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited headquartered in Sydney, Australia is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25-year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
We are currently seeking a Contracts Administrator to join our Blairmore team. Reporting to the Contracts & Procurement Manager, the Contracts Administrator is a key member of the Contracts & Procurement team, supporting contract and supplier relationship management activities. The ideal candidate for this role is a collaborative and organized person who is able to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and work to contracting plans by coordinating and communicating with various partners and conducting competitive RFP/Q processes
- Administer the formation of contracts and service agreements all the way through to completion and close-out
- Attest that contractor/supplier invoices are in compliance with their Contracts and purchase orders
- Participate in progress meetings, manage actions and outcomes
- Carry out all expediting activities from drawing production and their approvals, to release and delivery of equipment and fabrications
- Apply a change management process for contracts, ensuring documentation and approvals is coordinated with the functional groups
- Assist in the preparation of claims defense cases and communicate potential impacts and contract information as required
- Coordinate with contractors and Project management to ensure all contractual obligations are met and performance assessments are complete prior to closeout, while supporting the warranty management process
- Support continuous improvement activities across the contract management function
- Minimum five years of experience in a contracts and procurement role, preferably with construction experience
- Post-secondary education in business or supply chain management preferred
- Demonstrated skills in contract management and contract/procurement law, and an understanding of the interfaces within project teams
- Advanced technology skills with specific experience in Excel, SAP and SharePoint
- Familiarity in supplier integration and relationship management
- Experience working in a combination of contract administration and procurement roles, both in an operations and projects environment
- Exceptional time management and analytical skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills across diverse groups and multi-disciplinary teams
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.