We are currently seeking an experienced Contracts and Procurement Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Contracts and Procurement Manager directs and oversees the procurement function for the company and is responsible for sourcing equipment and goods and services, in-bound logistics and materials/equipment storage and preservation, managing vendors, forming contracts and ensuring compliance with contractual responsibilities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the Contracts, Procurement and Inventory Management teams.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with Project Management team and other Functional areas.
· Responsible for managing the tender process of RFQs and RFPs according to established company policies and procedures to ensure optimal results.
· Assist in drafting Scopes of Work, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of service contracts.
· Oversee and manage the bid evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and award of contracts.
· Administer contracts, required addendums, and amendments for contractual agreements according to organizational needs, changing markets and legislative codes and standards.
· Manage the relationship with suppliers, keeping track of performance issues, negotiated discounts, and annual performance assessments to ensure compliance.
· Conduct supplier and product/service research according to business objectives and standards to ensure value-add for the company.
· Perform cost analysis to identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost and maximize revenues.
· Generate comprehensive reports that provide savings results and status on various KPI’s and assigned projects.
· Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or Commerce
- Five to ten years in a procurement role working on major construction or mining projects
- Knowledge of Canadian construction industry and/or mining
- Knowledge and experience with SAP procurement, materials management modules
· Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Relationship-builder with excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to make sound decisions and formalize written recommendations
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills and problem solving
- Strong leadership, management, communication and coaching skills
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.