Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited, is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25-year mine life with 385 full-time positions.
Riversdale and Piikani Nation have established a partnership agreement to ensure mutual benefit is realized over the life of the project. We are currently seeking an experienced manager to coordinate Piikani Business Development aspects of this agreement.
The Piikani Nation Business Development Coordinator reports to the Manager of Piikani Consultation Services. The Coordinator’s first priority is to develop and keep current a Registry of Piikani Businesses. The Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring business opportunities are communicated to interested Piikani Nation members and for assisting them with their endeavours to secure contracts.
The Coordinator will provide regular updates to the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC).
• Establish and maintain a registry of Piikani businesses interested in working with Riversdale.
• Connect Piikani Nation and Riversdale Resources by providing the JIC with regular updates on the Grassy Mountain Project as it relates to Piikani Nation.
• Attend a variety of meetings, events and ceremonies representing both Piikani Nation and Riversdale Resources.
• Ensure records are accurate and current.
• Source and lead the application process for available government grants.
• Monitor and report as required on performance indicators, ensuring reports are accurate and current.
• Attend work and meetings at both Riversdale and Piikani Nation offices as required.
• Follow established communication protocols as outlined in the JIC Communications Plan.
• Completion of a Post-Secondary Degree in Management with a Finance or Business Management concentration
• Demonstrated business development background
• Experience in developing and implementing business plans
• Strong writing skills
• Working knowledge of regional Aboriginal Lending and other Financial Institutions
• Experience with Financial Trust Structures
• Should have a strong understanding and knowledge of Piikani culture, history, and lifeways
• Valid Driver’s License and/or reliable means of transportation as meetings are often held in Blairmore, requiring the incumbent’s attendance.
This is a two to three-year term position with the potential to be become permanent. The work location is primarily in Brocket, however, attending meetings in Blairmore will be a common occurrence. Riversdale offers competitive salaries, a pension savings plan and employee group health benefits.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume electronically or by post to:
PO Box 660
Blairmore, AB T0K 0E0