Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited, is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25-year mine life with 385 full-time positions.
Riversdale and Piikani Nation have established a partnership agreement to ensure mutual benefit is realized over the life of the project. We are currently seeking an experienced manager to coordinate employment and training initiatives for Piikani Nation members.
The Piikani Nation Employment and Training Coordinator reports to the Manager of Piikani Consultation Services. The Coordinator’s first priority is to develop and keep current a Registry of Piikani Nation members interested in obtaining employment with Riversdale. The Coordinator assists Piikani Nation Members with their endeavours to secure employment at Riversdale and participate in training and development opportunities provided by the Company.
The Coordinator will provide regular updates to the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC).
• Establishes and maintains a registry of Piikani Nation members interested in working with Riversdale.
• Posts and tracks Riversdale job openings and assists Piikani applicants with the recruitment process, including resumé and cover letter development and preparing for job interviews if required.
• Participates in the interview and selection process when required.
• Provides new employees with orientation to working for Riversdale.
• Coordinates efforts to connect Piikani members with education and training opportunities.
• Coordinates cultural awareness education for Riversdale employees
• Connects Piikani Nation and Riversdale Resources by providing the JIC with regular updates on the Grassy Mountain Project as it relates to employment opportunities for Piikani Nation.
• Attends a variety of meetings, events and ceremonies representing both Piikani Nation and Riversdale Resources.
• Coordinates and participates in career fairs as required.
• Ensures records are accurate and current.
• Sources and leads the application process for available government grants.
• Monitors and reports as required on performance indicators, ensuring reports are accurate and current.
• Attends work and meetings at both Riversdale and Piikani Nation offices as required.
• Follows established communication protocols as outlined in the JIC Communications Plan.
• Completion of a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate.
• Three to five years of related management experience.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently as well as in groups/teams.
• Solid interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills in database administration and Microsoft Office
• Valid Driver’s License and/or reliable means of transportation as meetings are often held in Blairmore, requiring the incumbent’s attendance.
This is a two to three-year term position with the potential to be become permanent. The work location is primarily in Brocket, however, attending meetings in Blairmore will be a common occurrence. Riversdale offers competitive salaries, a pension savings plan and employee group health benefits.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume electronically or by post to:
PO Box 660
Blairmore, AB T0K 0E0