Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited, is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25-year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
We are currently seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Contracts & Procurement Manager, the Contracts Manager oversees the Contracting function and is responsible for forming contracts and ensuring compliance with contractual responsibilities. The Contracts Manager ensures consistent management of all proposals and contracts. This includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as the development and maintenance of standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. The Contract Manager’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with various functional areas including construction, engineering, and operational readiness.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the Contracts Management function which includes but is not limited to contract drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution
• Maintain contractual records as well as support the development and implementation of procedures and policies
• Support the development of contract management tools and templates
• Create, prepare, review and edit all contracts
• Ensure internal contract documents are accurate and well-maintained
• Provide advice and guidance to various teams relating to contract generation
• Accountable for the contract claims management process ensuring claims are documented and addressed in a timely fashion
• Identify opportunities to improve contracting processes and devise plans to implement these changes
• Maintain a positive working relationship with Project Management team and other functional areas
• Manage the contracting process according to established company policies and procedures to ensure optimal results
• Assist in drafting Scopes of Work, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of service contracts
• Manage elements of the bid evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and award of contracts
• Administer contracts, required addendums, and amendments for contractual agreements according to organizational needs, changing markets and legislative codes and standards
• Manage the relationship with suppliers, keeping track of performance issues, negotiated discounts, and annual performance assessments to ensure compliance
• Conduct supplier and product/service research according to business objectives and standards to ensure value add for the company
• Perform cost analysis to identify areas of opportunity to reduce cost and maximize revenues
• Generate comprehensive reports that provide savings results and status on various KPI’s and assigned projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or Commerce
• Five to ten years in a contract management role working on major construction or mining projects
• Knowledge of Canadian construction industry and/or mining
• Knowledge and experience with SAP procurement, materials management modules (SAP outline agreement development and maintenance)
• Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Relationship-builder with excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to make sound decisions and formalize written recommendations
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership, management and communication skills
• Commercial legal and contractual acumen
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé electronically.
We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application, and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so.
Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.