Career Opportunity – HR Administrator
Benga Mining Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Riversdale Resources Limited, is proposing to develop a steelmaking coal mine in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada, referred to as the Grassy Mountain Project. We are currently in the permitting application phase of the project and are planning an open-cut mine, targeting 4.5 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year over a minimum 25 year mine life and 385 full-time positions.
We are currently seeking an organized and approachable Human Resources Administrator to join our Blairmore team. Reporting to the Senior Manager Human Resources, the HR Administrator will provide effective, professional and confidential administrative support to a variety of HR-related processes. Ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality, this role will work closely with the HR team and Riversdale employees, helping to ensure smooth employment-related operations in a somewhat hectic and fast-paced work environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruitment: helps coordinate the administrative aspects of the recruitment process; posting jobs, managing the online job posting processes, booking interviews, arranging travel, meals, and accommodations.
- New Hires & Onboarding: prepares employment contracts as directed, makes arrangements to ensure new employees have everything they need for starting a new job; computers, software, work stations, accommodations, etc. May assist with some aspects of the new employee orientation sessions.
- Employee Group Benefits and RRSP Plan Liaison: responsible for enrolling eligible employees and maintaining employee records for group benefits and RRSP contributions. Is the point of contact for employee-related benefits/RRSP questions. Supports external partners and employees in the delivery of benefits/RRSP program administration.
- Payroll: Enters and maintains employee profiles in the payroll system. Ensures any changes to pay are properly documented and signed-off, then collaborates with the payroll administrator to ensure payroll adjustments are complete, accurate and submitted ahead of payroll deadlines.
- Employee Records: maintains employee files and ensures adherence to confidentiality, privacy policies and applicable Human Rights legislation.
- Training & Development Admin: maintains employee training records, assigns and monitors online health and safety training.
- General HR Admin: maintains Company org charts and creates forms, spreadsheets and templates as needed. Assists the HR team with HR-related communications, developing presentations, drafting memos, newsletter submissions, etc.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Human Resources or high school with 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Experience working with employment standards legislation and progressive HR policies and practices.
- Prior experience in document controls; developing file systems, keeping records and files organized and current.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, working knowledge of ADP or other related HRIS software would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal/professional skills; ability to disseminate information, understand HR confidentiality, and is understanding and approachable.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written communications as well as presentations skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; the ability to prioritize and time-manage under tight timelines is essential.
Crowsnest Pass is a mountain community located two hours south of Calgary, Alberta. Crowsnest Pass has a population of 6000 and offers numerous services, including; a 24-hr emergency, acute and continuing care hospital, schools from kindergarten to grade 12, a sports complex, a championship golf course, major banks / credit union, restaurants and supermarkets. The area is famous for its spectacular mountain vistas and adventure tourism. It is a favorite destination for downhill and cross-country skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing and hunting.
Qualified candidates are asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resumé online. We appreciate that it takes time and effort to tailor a cover letter and resumé for a job application and will endeavor to respond to all applicants who do so. Please note that prior to an offer of employment, all position-required credentials will be verified.